The joy of creating a new dish from recipe inspirations is so satisfying. I love baking on Sundays, makes it a special dinner date once a week. Here’s my herby spinach & goat cheese pie 🥧
- 200g organic spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves of Spanish garlic, chopped
- 20g heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Red onion finely chopped
- Few sprigs of fresh Thyme
- 3 eggs (I use organic / cage-free eggs)
- 1 tsp Zatar
- Freshly ground pepper (I used pink peppercorns)
- A dash of salt
- 10-12 roasted walnuts
- 1 Sheet of Puff pastry
- Honey to drizzle
How to whip it up:
– Lightly sauté the red onion, garlic and spinach for 5 minutes in olive oil.
-Beat the eggs with some milk and pepper till frothy. Mix with the partly cooked spinach & onion mixture
-Line a pan with puff pastry and blind bake for 5-7 minutes.
– Pour in the spinach and eggs mixture
-Top with sliced goat cheese, sliced tomatoes and walnuts
-Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes, till the goat cheese has a golden brown crisp
Drizzle some honey and enjoy the bliss of this herbilicious hearty pie.