How do you make silky smooth & creamy vegan curry sauce that’s completely plant based? As I was trying the carrot soup recipe last week I hit upon an idea for a beautiful #plantbased curry sauce. Read on to learn how to make this Organic Golden Tofu Curry. I paired it with saffron flavored quinoa for a radiant flavour.
- 250 gm Organic taukwa (sprouted firm tofu)
- 200 ml trim coconut milk
- 3 large tomatoes (de-seeded)
- 1 large carrot (peeled & diced)
- 1 inch ginger (diced)
- 2 pods garlic (chopped)
- 2 green chilli padi
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 medium sweet onion (white / yellow)
- 1 tsp each cumin powder, garam masala, turmeric
- Handful of cashews
- Heat extra light olive oil in a crock pot & add in the diced ginger, chopped garlic, green chilli, curry leaves, onion, carrots, cashews. Cook on high heat till slightly browned.
- Add in the dry spice mixes, a dash of salt & tomatoes, cover & cook till the tomatoes soften. Let the curry mixture cool & blend till smooth.
- In the meanwhile dice the organic tofu & roast in olive oil till its crispy on the outside.
- Bring the blended curry paste back into the crock-pot & bring to a boil with 100ml of water.
- Add in the crispy tofu and finally stir in the coconut milk & simmer for 5 minutes.
The most incredibly smooth vegan curry is ready. Serve hot with brown rice or quinoa for a healthy & satisfying meal.