Paneer Methi Mutter Malai
This recipe makes 6 portions
- 300g Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 200g Baby Peas
- 50g Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek leaves)
- 300ml Light Sour Cream (Bulla used in this recipe)
- 50 ml low fat milk
- 2 Red onions finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Aniseed
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Coriander to garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepot. Fry cumin seeds and aniseed till they crackle
- Stir in the chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and green chilies. Cover with a lid as this mixture will splatter.
- As the onions turn golden brown add in garam masala and cubed paneer and stir fry till the cheese is lightly browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and peas and fry till cooked.
- When all the ingredients are cooked, add the low fat sour cream and milk and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cover the saucepot and let the gravy simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rotis or rice.